Monthly Affirmation

may I be I is the only prayer - not may I be great or good or beautiful or wise or strong. ~e.e. cummings

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

News

Currently my dad has been in the air for a little bit less than 3 hours so another 5 to go. I really don't envy him. I am not a traveler who can sleep due to my need for control in those situations. So those overnight flights back to England always do me in. I am totally exhausted by the time we get there and I then have to get from London to Norwich. No easy feat on little or no sleep. At least my Uncle is picking him up from the airport.

Me, I have my 3 month check up today. Good news. My weight loss is now at 83 lbs for the total duration since March of 2009. I have lost and managed to keep it off. I continue to lose and that is good. Kidneys, liver and all those internal organ tests came back right where they need to be. My pre-diabetes number is shifting away from the diabetes side of the spectrum and that is a plus.

I like what my doctor told me today - he is really real sometimes - "it is good that you are moving away from the diabetes side of things but I don't want you to think that if we shift far away from that, that you will never have diabetes. Reality is, Philip, that the lifestyle you lived for so many years is going to haunt you for the rest of your life." It is a sobering thought but one that I have always understood. I like it when a doctor is both and optimist while being a realist.

Now however I have to go see a surgeon and that does send alarms up and down my spine. But I will go and see what he has to say. Second and third opinions are always a good thing. So we shall see where this all goes but guess what .. it is all good and necessary.

We live, we learn, we adjust and repair what we can and then, for kicks and giggles, we keep on living.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly." – Buddha