Monthly Affirmation

may I be I is the only prayer - not may I be great or good or beautiful or wise or strong. ~e.e. cummings

Monday, April 4, 2011

Today ...


... is removed from yesterday. Yesterday from last week. This is all good.

I ran out of steam last week. My mother was very very ill last week. I was sent to the tipping point or maybe boiling point by that one department that we all tense up when we are called to one of their meetings ... and I am not speaking about finance. Oh .. and on that matter I was way over budget at the beginning of the week, figured out why and corrected so I was under and then by the end of week invoices rolled in that made me just resign myself to stamping and sending to the accounting department.

But that was then. Saturday I fixed my computer and did some chores, some that I maybe should not have done yet but they needed to happen. I just don't heal as quickly as I used to. I think all of us who age are like that. I watched a couple of thought provoking movies after talking to my mother. She was home alone on Saturday and was still not well but feeling much better. High fevers through the week and she jokingly (but seriously) says that she is told she said things but it was all in her state of delirium.

I turned off work emails for the weekend and missed pretty much all calls. Spent the Sunday on the water and that was a nice break. So I am a little bit rosy today but hey we only live once.

We are here, and it is now. Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine. ~ H.L. Mencken

This week is more of the same but I took an hour today to listen to Yeol Eum Son who was the 2009 Silver Cliburn International Piano Competition Silver Medalist. I need to do something, although I know not what, for the Lupus Walk this Saturday. I cannot put in any money as with all that has happened this year my money has had to go elsewhere and even though I feel horrible about the fact that I was so motivated at the end of last year life stumbled and I fell with it ... I have to accept this and move on. I can offer my support and that is it.

So when you get all tumbled up in yesterday ... take a time out. Sit on a bench in solitude or with a good friend, a family member or holding hands and resting your head on the shoulder of a loved one. Let that moment of peace take away that tumbling whirling mess and clarity will come. Try it.

Live ... learn ... live some more.


It is not the length of life, but depth of life. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly." – Buddha