Monthly Affirmation

may I be I is the only prayer - not may I be great or good or beautiful or wise or strong. ~e.e. cummings

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Good Weekend


These are the tiniest gems no bigger than my thumb and came direct from my mother's backyard orchard. I came home with grapefruit, clementines, oranges and these .. a true citrus fest.

It was a good weekend. A little slow of a start Friday morning but then settled into a low pressure two days spent with the family. My brother came out of his school mode for a while, my other bro and sis took mum, dad and I to a Mongolian cafe where, outside of it being so noisy I could not hear people next to me talking, I was able to design one of the hottest (spice wise) meals I have ever eaten. Loved it.

Then a little no pressure for me shopping on Saturday morning and eventually the four men in the family (hmmm three brothers and my dad - yep that is four) laying the first layer of flooring of the storage shed while the wind changed direction and that northerly front moved in. A quiet drive home. Three loads of laundry and now am back to my work week.

All in all a good weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I know we loved spending time with you. I am always glad when I get to see you and spend some time with my brothers - yes that includes you too James. We need to get back to spending some more quality brother time together - the three of us and we can let Lisa tag along sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

.

"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly." – Buddha