Monthly Affirmation

may I be I is the only prayer - not may I be great or good or beautiful or wise or strong. ~e.e. cummings

Monday, June 6, 2011

Ups and downs ... downs and ups

Regardless of all the different places from one to the other and in between .. life is. So we continue on because for each one of us life is not permanent rather it is a now. We relish in this moment, whether up or down, and live for today.

It is the summer of my discontent ... the necessary visits one after another and probably all necessary. The heart exams one week, the cardiologist the next. Before them the diagnoser of my sleep apnea ... and not a moment too soon. Last night was the first night of violent sleep in a while. What woke me up is I managed to remove the machine from the night stand and separate the humidifier part from the rest. I have been so tired recently and it could be that with weight loss and better blood pressure my sleep patterns have changed and the machine might be not benefiting me.

Then the neurologist at towards the end of the summer. Sigh.

We have our ups and downs, our downs and ups ... yet we have to smile at the beauty and wonder of life no matter how jumbled it gets.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly." – Buddha