Monthly Affirmation

may I be I is the only prayer - not may I be great or good or beautiful or wise or strong. ~e.e. cummings

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Stress

Do you feel stress? My boss asked if it was more stress having my weekly meetings than the actual stress test would be. I said nether are rather stressful so why should it matter.

So today I itch where they shaved the chest and side. But Maria was nice about it. Aaron was the PA doing the monitoring. They thought I would make it maybe 9 minutes ... well I worked on showing them they were wrong. Issue they had was that they wanted my heartbeat to get to 151 for a minute for a good read. Ha. I knew that was not going to happen so I tried and got it to 138 for the required period of time.

What I am happy about is that the resting heart rate is 110/60 and has remained consistent like that for a couple of months. This is a great thing for me. Means that something I am doing is right.

Real stress? Yes we all have that but you know that is the easy part. Recognize it and then evaluate if it is worth it to be stressed and all the nasty side effects that creep into your world. Usually you can see that it is not. So then it is in your hands. Eliminate it. If you have issues with it go to someone. The person creating it. A professional who can teach you how to work with it and work through it. Accept it for what it is and then advise it that it is allowed to visit but cannot stay for any length of time. Then gently nudge it out the door.

Sounds easy. It is not. But this is a beautiful life we have. So we can take ownership of our own life to a degree or we can let everything and everyone else run it. I chose ownership. I know now how I got here and now I work on getting to where I want to be. Stress ... well you can come and I will ask you to leave. I will accept the stress on the body for testing reasons and then the stress caused by exercise. It is life.

quite frankly .. I LOVE THIS LIFE.

I chose to own it, live it and love it.

What is your choice?

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly." – Buddha