Monthly Affirmation

may I be I is the only prayer - not may I be great or good or beautiful or wise or strong. ~e.e. cummings

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Clinical lines


Phone has been ringing all evening. It is nice to know people care. Rewarding.

I am going through my checklist from my clinical coach. When to stop food ... done. When to stop liquid ... at least I have until midnight. Medicines for the hospital. Check. Bipap machine - after I use it tonight my res-med bag is ready.

Oh there is one I forgot ... where is that albuterol inhaler. Even though I have not used in about 5 years I have to have my rescue inhaler around.

Two puffs. Check. Leave valuables at home. That is what family is for. My ring and necklace do not come off until the last minute. I like this one ... and this is how it is typed.

YOU CAN NOT DRIVE HOME -- You must make arrangements to be transported by an adult family member or friend.

Now we are running on the assumption that there will be no hospital stay and this keeps to out patient surgery so I must make arrangements for an adult to remain with me for 8 hours or overnight. Phew my mum and brother are on their way so both the transportation and observation are check/check.

Now I have to take a shower tonight and tomorrow morning using this Hibiclens.  

So 5 am rise and shine, 5:35-5:40 departure, 6 am check in and 7:30 nap time for me.

See you later.

1 comment:

  1. I am thinking that a clinical coach is actually a name for someone who is part administrative and part triage nurse. Three hours though for pre-op two days before. A bit much.

    ReplyDelete

.

"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly." – Buddha