Monthly Affirmation

may I be I is the only prayer - not may I be great or good or beautiful or wise or strong. ~e.e. cummings

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Spicy Quiche

Spicy Quiche (my variation on a sausage quiche recipe)
 
1 pound beef, browned
8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (I used a spicy cheese blend with jalapenos)
6 eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
dash pepper
1 cup heavy cream 


Put the beef in the bottom of a large pie plate, needs to be a nice deep pie plate. Top with the cheese, I only used about 6 oz as my pie plate is shallow (jalapenos if you want them). Beat the eggs, salt and pepper, then beat in the cream. Slowly pour the egg mixture evenly over the beef  and cheese. 

Bake at 350º for 35-45 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. 


Let stand about 10 minutes before cutting. 

6-8 servings:
Per 1/6 Recipe: 607 Calories; 52g Fat; 31g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs
Per 1/8 Recipe: 455 Calories; 39g Fat; 23g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs.




I served myself my 6th of the quiche with a spinach/herb salad, a dollop of sour cream and a dash of wonderful Tabasco sauce.  It was totally wonderful. Leftovers in the fridge for lunch with salad Thursday and Friday at work and one half frozen for later in the week or beginning of next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly." – Buddha