Monthly Affirmation

may I be I is the only prayer - not may I be great or good or beautiful or wise or strong. ~e.e. cummings

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Hmmm bleeding ear

I had to look it up. I thought maybe I had a legitimate excuse - as I am right eared - to no longer answer the phones. Now that made me smile. Sadly it does not say that. Instead I get this:

The bleeding could originate from the skin of the ear canal, the eardrum, or the middle ear (the space behind the eardrum). What follows is not a complete list of causes, but it will give you some idea as to the possibilities. 

Common problems that lead to bleeding: Trauma to the ear canal or eardrum. These are almost always associated with some degree of bleeding. Trauma to the ear canal, for example, can cause "chapping" and even bleeding of the canal skin.

What kind of trauma? Some folks attack their ear canals with any manner of sharp objects. However, even Q-tips can cause bleeding, if used repeatedly and aggressively. The problem may be the "itch-scratch" syndrome, in which repeated scratching causes the ear to become irritated and itchy, which encourages more scratching and even more itchiness. Infection of the ear-canal skin or middle ear.

Nothing to make me worry. I probably do not remember shoving a large pointy stick in it is all. Plus I bleed rather well these days. So it goes to the bottom of my "shit I have to deal with" list.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly." – Buddha