Monthly Affirmation

may I be I is the only prayer - not may I be great or good or beautiful or wise or strong. ~e.e. cummings

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Survival technique

my co lead gave me this in the morning hours ... before I headed off to the training session after looking at me ... noting that I had worked a 15 hour day the day before ...

How to Survive Psychological Torture

1. Do not show weakness.

Your tormentors will look for weak individuals, focus on them and exploit their fears. Resist the urge to burst into tears, beg for mercy, flee or bond with your tormentors.

2. Live in the moment.

Do not worry about what comes next. Do not dwell on what just happened. Deal with each horror on its own terms, as it happens.

3. Keep your mind occupied. 

You may be isolated from the group, kept awake for several days or seemingly singled out for special treatment. In such situations, keep your brain active by recalling lyrics of all the songs you know, remembering pleasurable experiences or focusing on the goal of rejoining the group.

... I laughed and changed my messenger tag line to the line that I truly thought, at that time, most disturbingly giggle worthy in this message " Deal with each horror on its own terms, as it happens."

now after 15 hour shift number 2 in a row with 9 hours in training I just am resisting all urges to burst into tears, beg for mercy, listening to songs I know the lyrics too and thinking about pleasurable experiences (thanks love) and contemplating which horror to deal with.

yes life is FUN and even in the throes of lack of sleep I am finding humor in the smallest things, the really big things and my own brain. thank you for working brain.

have a good morning/afternoon/evening and good night.

namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly." – Buddha