Monthly Affirmation

may I be I is the only prayer - not may I be great or good or beautiful or wise or strong. ~e.e. cummings

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Wow .... 365 days

What? Well yes last night when talking to Tammy I had realizations of why some things have been so heavy on me this week. Why I have been disturbed by photographs I had taken a year ago in February. Last night while being in a place that is all so familiar and safe yet so new to me I realized.

March 3rd. Still cannot beat it (note 3/6/10: perceived illness that was actually stemming from my first stroke some time in February) and go to the doctor. I have been noticing balance issues and when there find that I cannot sign in correctly.

March 5th. After being lectured by my doctor and am now on steroids for an inner ear infection I get chills and pains in chest and left arm at work. I go to the ER that evening.

March 6th. I am kept overnight for observations and instead of being released in the morning they rush me in to cath lab as there is an issue with some of the markers in my cardiac enzymes and they need to see why and fix. I freak...see the end coming and they put me out. They find nothing.

It was one year ago this week that what was not understood by me at the beginning of this blog and now is that I had a stroke. Strokes can elevate cardiac enzymes as the blood flow slows down to the brain and to someone whom is not looking for a stroke in a hospital they see a potential sign of a heart attack.

One year ago today my world flipped as a procedure that did not need to be done was performed and I realized just how in trouble I was.

Once year ago today my life changed forever.

I am grateful for that. I am truly grateful for everything that happened in the last 365 days. The last 365 have been both the scariest days of my life, the most enlightening and the most fulfilling. 

I have changed how I view the world. I have changed how I view myself. I have changed how I view food, nutrition, exercise.

I am grateful every single day for the gift of life. I am grateful for the opportunity to breath and experience something new.



Now for the next 365 days I say

"welcome, come on in and lets see where we can go."

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly." – Buddha