Monthly Affirmation

may I be I is the only prayer - not may I be great or good or beautiful or wise or strong. ~e.e. cummings

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Pre and post op

So it has been a fun long week of adventure. I have always appreciated the world of dentistry but fled fast from it. My father has a dental lab and he makes all those things that people put in their mouths and I will need shortly. But sadly I did not want to have anything to do with that world. Sorry pops.  This is me before they shoot me up of nerve numbing juice. 


my mouth ... kind of cool these spin around your head xrays they do now.


So after the mind numbing, nerve inhibiting juice (or so they think) my mouth feels fat and this is a feeble attempt at a smile. Needless to say they underestimated what it takes to deaden my nerves. I warned them. Oh you feel that huh.  Solution drill a hole in the tooth to be extracted and shoot the juice that God made and then forgot the formula for ... somehow we discovered it again ... and instant deadening of everything. But that was just the two wisdom on my left side. 
By the time they got two the two molars on the right side (one was a degraded root canal that had degraded the tooth behind it) feeling was returning but I said nothing. I wanted this over with and let them yank and tried not to wince to give it away. Just get this torture done with. At least he sutured each area but that did not really do anything. 

Then they give you the walking papers and ask if you have any questions. "Whyub yebbed I boo hab westons bor ewe?" Right. Brilliant thought process at work there. But I got my information on what to do and a nice "have a great day". The mechanized world of dentisry and medicine we live in. Huh. 

Well I called them in the afternoon as I had not stopped the constant blood flow after three hours. Use a tea bag and see if the tannins in the tea help promote clotting. Well eventually I got it to slow down and ate my soft cold food diet .... 

yep overjoyed that my diet has been

yogurt
pudding
jello
applesause
parfait
sherbert
naked juices





I finally said to heck with it yesterday and I need solid protein. I mean yes the couple of incredibly wonderful Greek yogurts I had have 15 grams of protein in each one and are the best after working out ... but I got some hard boiled eggs, some hominy bean chili at the cafeteria yesterday and today had two pieces of bacon and a really soft biscuit. Must remember to chew with the front teeth only ... no molar action.



But the bleeding may have abated after 36 hours but at night I am doing something and waking up like I have been a vampire feeding. I only hope the damsels I am feeding on don't mind. But geeze enough is enough. Blood tastes nasty when it has been sitting in your mouth, caked around the face and then on my bedsheets and pjs. I called today and said when the heck do I get concerned. I have lost enough and am not eating the most efficient diet to put it back.

They listened. I am going in tomorrow at 2 pm for a once over and to see if they can figure out what I am doing while sleeping.

Now as an aside I have found out that if I am taking the full strength Hydrocodone tabs I get a form of narcolepsy. After three at the four hour interval I would be sitting here on the the computer, chatting in IM world and just without warning wake up 15 to 30 minutes later and have no clue that time had gone by until I realized something had changed. Really scary. Used them to control the worst pain on days 1 and 2 and then have taken one a day since then. Obviously in that condition no work. But I am going to make some of that missed time up over the next two days from home doing some monitoring.

Been a fun week overall as you can see.

Just keeping you in the loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly." – Buddha