Monthly Affirmation

may I be I is the only prayer - not may I be great or good or beautiful or wise or strong. ~e.e. cummings

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Can you believe it

...no I cannot either. I was told by a dentist today I did the right thing unlike 9 out of 10 patients who wait until they have messed it up (their mouth) before going in.

So the blood was still there this morning but about 50% less than yesterday. So I knew they were going to find nothing but went on in. I saw a Dr Humes today or something like that. He saunters on in and says "What's up?" I say, "Just want to make sure I am not doing anything untoward to my mouth while I am sleeping." He stops, looks at me, I can see his brain processing and he says "Well shit, can you teach my other patients to be as alert, to the unfavorable damage they are inflicting upon themselves (then they show up too late), as you are." I politely informed him that would be impractical and that he would just have to enjoy taking care of me.

So blood clots are where they need to be, sutures are holding up, I have been doing the warm salt water wash in the morning and how I have a fancy syringe type thing to clean the four wounds out with starting Sunday. Follow up on Tuesday at 9 am, sutures will dissolve and fall out in a week or two. Life goes on.

I am just different and I knew that. I just wanted to make sure that in whatever I am doing at night to draw blood in my mouth I am not damaging the areas. Seems not. Life goes on.

Maybe I can sleep tonight. Or am I afraid of a black hole in my apartment sucking everything away ...

 

(dude that is one robot that scared the crap out of me)

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly." – Buddha