Monthly Affirmation

may I be I is the only prayer - not may I be great or good or beautiful or wise or strong. ~e.e. cummings

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Just me rambling

Busy Busy week of visitors, travel, work and no sleep. But totally FUN.

Today though, exhaustion hit at work. So busy today and so few staffed counter-intuitive if you ask me in regards to yesterday's coverage but hey that is out of my hands for at least another 4 months. Then we can wrestle the schedule back from that senior manager and take control of our destiny again. But I must confess I took a nap (something that I find counter-productive myself as it usually results in a lethargy that remains worse than the nodding off sensation). I crawled under my desk at work as who cares on the weekend and slept for an hour. Well they tell me I gave a couple of answers to questions but I don't remember a damn thing. :)

Now I get to sit my head back on straight and make heads and tails of the month ahead. Too many things happen in December and I have to keep focus on what is important. Mental list time.

  • - exercise
  • - health
  • - my love
  • - my family
  • - photography
  • - learning
  • - living
  • - work

Short list I know but if one of those was to disappear my life would suddenly be less that it is today and thus that is all my list is.

So many people I know enter a world of funk and depression between the months of November and January. I know I have been on of them. This year I am trying something totally different .. gratitude to combat the worries and fears, love to lift the heart up, hope to give inspiration for tomorrow.

Make your short list of what it is that is important to you. Seriously think about it and then shorten it some more to where it really is all you need. Should exercise and photography be on my short list ??? I say yes for without them I have lost a direction and release that calms my soul and eases tensions in my world.

I know that this is rambling all over the place but my brain is full and empty at the same time and I just wanted to say hello to all.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly." – Buddha