Monthly Affirmation

may I be I is the only prayer - not may I be great or good or beautiful or wise or strong. ~e.e. cummings

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Reboot

I have noticed a pattern. It seems that my body functions well for about 1.5 months in digesting change, adapting to the day to day routine and then in about .5 months it loses the ability to remember the simplest tasks, forgets to do day to day fundamentals and starts to lose control of emotions. Thus about every two months I see the need for a reboot. I have seen three cycles of this so far this year and am beginning to understand this pattern.

I believe maybe it has something to do with the ability to process emotions. I have been documenting my dreams this cycle as I noticed them shift. I have this next weekend off for an annual occurrence of my brothers and I getting together for a weekend of doing everything and nothing at all. Finestkind....as Hawkeye would say. Then October will allow for two extended weekends with a trip to a reunion of sorts and a 5K weekend .... must post more about Carter and that next week when I am back. So I can see what the change is that occurs in November.

Now my next determination is to figure out from looking back in time (poetry, blogs, pictures taken) and see if I can determine if there is a cyclic pattern before the strokes or if this is something since then. If it is since then I may seek some assistance from a practitioner of the mind as I notice my anger level increases and I do not like that. But we will see.

Just thought about this and realized I am learning and living it, thus a mention in a blog about living and learning was probably a good place to put it. Plus I would probably not forget it if it is written down. :)

See ya

2 comments:

  1. these are some very big observations.. i always say if are aware of all that's brewing inside..that is the first step towards recovery and finding solutions..well at least most of the time...documenting feelings and thoughts is a great place to reflect on at a later time.. well done
    be well friend
    peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this post very interesting as well. I wish I could see my own stuff as clearly as you seem to see yours. As your friend above says, well done.

    ReplyDelete

.

"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly." – Buddha