Monthly Affirmation

may I be I is the only prayer - not may I be great or good or beautiful or wise or strong. ~e.e. cummings

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Last day of anti-coagulant

One of the more disconcerting aspects of the upcoming surgery next week is that I took my last Aggrenox tablet yesterday for the duration of the time leading up until next Thursday. I get nervous about that. I had two strokes. We are hoping that this solution of having slightly less coagulation in the blood stream eliminates/lessens the potential for the clots that form in the heart. Thus less potential for one to miss going to the lung where they are normally eliminated and skipping through a yet to be found hole and heading to the brain. Which would be called another stoke.

I am cutting that off so that I don't have a bleed out while they have my body opened up to remove a damaged organ. That is the scary part. The science tells me that the effect of the medicine takes about 21 days to leave the blood stream so it is not like the blood bounces back to normal but it does thicken up a bit.

Sorry just had to get that anxiety off of my chest - look at it face on - consider the alternatives of a bad organ staying in me and producing toxins that have the potential to do way worse than a stroke - and all evens out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly." – Buddha