Monthly Affirmation

may I be I is the only prayer - not may I be great or good or beautiful or wise or strong. ~e.e. cummings

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Listen to your elders

Grandma Rebrovich was right. "You should never go to bed mad or unsettled. Never." I listened to that for years with someone who loved to start something at 8 pm then force us to resolve it even if it meant 2 am with me getting up at 5 am for work. But I did not listen. Now years later I realize the wisdom that was present in those wise words from an earlier generation.

Yesterday the day started great but from the moment I said hi to people I was smacked with pessimism and even though I kept trying to turn it away, deflect it and stay positive myself, eventually I succumbed. Came home and just went to bed without even attempting to resolve the day. Thus dreams whacked and not much rest. So here I dump that emotion and fight to start my day with optimism.

Get rid of it before you go to bed. That is my advice.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly." – Buddha