Our First Weekly Walk Challenge Winner is ... Sarah Chatterjee
Sarah has already recruited 31 teammates to her team, the Butterfly Warriors. (Actually as of toady we are at 33 and have raised $695 with a goal for the team of $3000)
In her words, here is what she did to make it happen:
- Return to my previous walkers. They are tried and true.
- Ask new friends, co-workers etc. Anyone you've networked with in the last year that may want to help out.
- Have those people spread the word - anyone can join!
- Be sure to ask your walkers to invite their spouses and sign up their children. A lot of times they would show up anyway, so sign up and put a t-shirt on them!
- I have run across situations where people are afraid to commit to a date that far out. Explain to them that you understand circumstances may change and that some times things come up, but that you will understand. Their desire to help is most important.
- I NEVER pressure my team to raise money. This is my cause and I expect the majority of the funds to be raised by me. I let my team know that by walking by my side, they are showing their support. Money is tight now for everyone, so I stress the fact that the walk is free. If you can't donate or can't fund-raise, that's okay. Most of us can walk and by walking we are raising awareness.
- Talk openly about your Lupus. Our friends are often at a loss as to what we are going through and feel helpless. This is a way they can help and I think they appreciate the opportunity to show that they do worry and care.
- Surround yourself with AWESOME people. My closest friends push this walk as hard as I do.
- Last but not least, BEG! When your friends see how passionate you are about a cause, they want to join. It's contagious!
Congratulations, Sarah-winner of the Walker Gift Goodies Bag!
Way to go lady!!!