Monthly Affirmation

may I be I is the only prayer - not may I be great or good or beautiful or wise or strong. ~e.e. cummings

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Just in the moment

Another week and another round of Dr visits ... physical therapy ... I tell you what I am learning, I am learning that for me aging is a challenge. For me the damage done over the years is beginning to show its ugly head in the most annoying of ways.  I am learning that this all costs more than I make and some days ... some days I cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel. Then again maybe I am not looking for that.

But I enjoy life. I enjoy love. I enjoy breathing the air and watching a waxing moon with both ends of the curve pointing up ... as a smile of the Cheshire cat in the sky ... catching a snowflake on the tip of my nose ...catching the smile I cherish on my love's face in my camera's eye ... hearing a young voice call my name ... watching a candle flame flicker in the darkened room ... enjoy some of my mother's cooking from a world of yesterdays.

So the frustrations and challenges will come and today is but one day, this moment one moment. Let them come. I will continue to repair, I will continue to learn, I will continue to live and love and breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly." – Buddha