Monthly Affirmation

may I be I is the only prayer - not may I be great or good or beautiful or wise or strong. ~e.e. cummings

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Electro-shock Therapy

I know there are questions and I have had a lot on my mind the last 24 hours but yes I did have my quarterly visit with Dr. Garcia yesterday and today I had PT (Physical Therapy) not for the broken elbow but for my right wrist.

If you had thought electro-shock therapy was a thing of the past or new age I am here to tell you that it is everywhere. The picture below shows a bandage with a battery inside it that was hooked up to a power source for about 5 minutes to charge and well toast my wrist.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

But after an hour of movements, stretches and testing the rage of motion I have to say that the pain of the torture is yielding some other interesting effects in the thumb and forefinger. But the level of atrophy in that wrist and especially my thumb was scary to me. Not so much to Geraldine as she just looks at it as a challenge. I look at as, in light of today, an hour of painful memories but then again I have to repeat 3-5 times a day the stretches she taught me.

She wants me back on Friday and then three times a week after this ... at $20 a visit I cannot squeeze blood from a lemon so I will have to see what they can do.

Now Dr. Garcia was grateful that since he had seen me last I had maintained weight loss and even though, since the 2nd of January it had only been 5 lbs he truly expected there to be weight gain. Usual in the winter seasons is his reasoning. Plus without being able to be in the gym my routine has fallen to the wayside.

But blood pressure continues to drop and we cut one of the tablets in half. His goal is for three months from now eliminate that if I keep doing what I have been doing. That will mean 4 meds down from 6 and with the full blood work on this one maybe I can convince him to let me come off of the cholesterol med and see what happens with just the natural course of things ... down to 3 meds (hopefully).

So there you have it folks ... now I am going to go about plotting a bank robbery so if you have any suggestions let me know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly." – Buddha