Monthly Affirmation

may I be I is the only prayer - not may I be great or good or beautiful or wise or strong. ~e.e. cummings

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

One of the whys

So this week kicked off the much earlier and more organized Walk for Lupus Now 2010!

Here is what I posted on facebook for those would would like to join our team Butterfly Warriors.

*******************************************
This year we are trying to get things started a bit earlier and it seems that the LFA of North Texas has really made some progress in the walk itself this year! There is a new location and it seems they are really out trying to get as much attention drawn to this cause as possible. The walk is scheduled for April 24th and is at Lone Star Park.

Join the team.

$2,000 for a goal ... starting today ... I say YES. Join the team.

Sign up, create your page, send it on out again. Join the team.

Let me reiterate what my dear friend said in her email to last years team members: "If you know of anyone who might be interested in joining us for the walk or notice someone I've left off, please feel free to forward this information on. Our team is open to anyone who wants to join!" Join the team.

Don't worry about the calendar date being so far off. Things happen, life changes, but even if you cannot actually make it you can join the team and be a fundraiser. Then even if you don't want to join make a donation today, tomorrow or once a month for 4 months. Hey if you break it down to three less Starbucks drinks for the next 4 months and donate $10.00 a month for the next 4 months that is a $40.00 donation for Lupus, for Sarah, for the future of those yet to be born and those currently living with.

Join today. Thank you.



Last years Butterfly warriors. We are a great group of fun people out for a mid April Saturday morning stroll raising a handful of dollars for Lupus research, outreach and advocacy. 



Here is Sarah.  With our youngest not quite walking in 2009 and but will be for 2010 Butterfly Warrior William.

Sponsor Sarah and/or myself ...it is easy ... click on this link and put in my name or Sarah Chatterjee and send some love. Over the next 4 months (date of walk is in April) if you cut out 5 Grande Starbucks drinks you can send $20.00 easy to support Lupus Research. My friend lives with it daily, I believe Denise, another friend in Jacksonville, lives with this daily ... ...there is no cure (yet). As I am co-captain I will be posting this information once a month here to make sure we make a difference. Thank you.




Here is William with his mother Rebecca. Sarah, who has Lupus, will be welcoming her daughter into this world later this year. It is a challenge, she is a high risk pregnancy due to the Lupus and has to be monitored all the time. I walk for her, I walk for her child to be born, I walk for her husband that he may have hope that his wife will have more options in the future to control the pain, control the affects of Lupus on her body, I walk for Denise in Jacksonville and all of those out there with Lupus and those yet to be diagnosed. I walk because I can and so many of those with advanced stages of Lupus have the most difficult time doing just that simple function of walking.

Thank you for reading and if you want to sponsor me click here.

With love and respect to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly." – Buddha