Monthly Affirmation

may I be I is the only prayer - not may I be great or good or beautiful or wise or strong. ~e.e. cummings

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Just a thought

ugh up since about 4:30 this morning. It could have been the fact that I went to sleep before 11 pm, or that the stupid fire alarm above my head decided to start that periodic beep indicating that it wanted a new battery, maybe it was the fact that I feel asleep without my mask on or took it off in the night due to being congested ... well whatever the reasons I have been up for a couple of hours now and watched the temperature plummet another 4 degrees this morning.

Wow the weekend (mine is Fri-Sat) has been ultra busy and my list of things to accomplish has not dwindled ... instead it has grown. Last night that got to me but today, after a handful of hours of sleep, I have determined to heck with it. Throw out the list. Shit happens. I will do what I can and well everything else will just have to wait or not get done. Why worry, why stress? Life is what it is and we are but human.

So I am about to get ready for work and thought I would say hello and point out one little thing. You may have a list and it may be overwhelming but as I told Tammy the last couple of days we do have so much control over our lives. Look at that list and take control over it. Start with what needs to get done for life to happen (waking up, breathing, showering so people don't run away from you cos you smell, finding nourishment) and then prioritize what can happen once life is rolling (love, family, friends, happiness, laughter, sharing a coffee at Starbucks, sitting in a movie theater for 3 hours) then go out an live it. I am sure there is other stuff on the list, just as there is mine but I have one life to live an well I am going to live it. Right now I am going to go to work so that I can run with the once life is rolling list later on this week.

Love and peace

1 comment:

  1. : ) Yes, we can only do what we can. Thank you for the ever too timely reminder. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete

.

"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly." – Buddha