Monthly Affirmation

may I be I is the only prayer - not may I be great or good or beautiful or wise or strong. ~e.e. cummings

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

People forget

... or at least people overlook that which they never really paid attention to in the first place.

There are constant things that I notice, that remind me that today I am different than I was a year ago today. Or they could be things that I never noticed before but am so in tune with observing how I react now.

On the treadmill I have to focus. I have to either be looking directly ahead or down at the front of the machine by my feet less I lose directionality and wobble. Sounds funny but the thought of a nasty fall on the treadmill is not appealing to me and I am not a Weeble (Weebles wobble but the don't fall down). I will fall down and I will get hurt.

Multitasking does become a bit of a chores sometimes especially when working out. I have to stop to answer the phone and only do it when I sense there is an impending need. But it breaks up the rhythm of work out and annoys me.

Coordination is a thing of the past, actually it was always a thing of the past but now more so. I used to at least be able to manipulate balls and catch them with ease. Not so much any more. All of these point to some sense of disconnect with spatial perception and reaction time but are amplified when I am in the process of physical activity. I am going to ask the neurologist about this one as the more I am aware of this the more I see it.

I have never held back information from anyone that I had a couple of strokes and am sometimes amazed at how quickly that is filed away as an "oh yeah" and nothing has changed.

I however have changed. For the better and for the challenging differences that are now the new me. I continue to take this journey and continue to live in the moment. Thank you for coming along for the ride and I hope to see you here again.

With thanks and respect,
Philip
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

.

"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly." – Buddha