Monthly Affirmation

may I be I is the only prayer - not may I be great or good or beautiful or wise or strong. ~e.e. cummings

Friday, October 9, 2009

Paradigm

My head is a tumbling jumbling mess of theories and thoughts right now. There have been challenges made to some of my beliefs and they are keeping my mind going. That is a good thing though...right. I think it is. Regardless there are decisions to be made and pathways to be followed in everyone's life. So this morning I decided I had to spend some time just thinking.

So I took a shower. Sounds bizarre. We all have our ways to clear our minds and water is my sanctuary. They really frown on you just sitting there in the 24 hour fitness pool so the shower is the next best thing. Well as long as you don't stay in there too long or turn the temperature up to sauna values and run out of hot water...which I must say really sucks if you have not finished thinking. So like I said I took a shower. Water.

The precious post was about drinking it but this one is about how it quenches my mind, body and soul. We are made of water. For me the ocean, the lakes, the rivers ... well they invariably draw me to them. If only to see them and not touch it calms my soul. Thus when I am in water I have flashes of inspiration, thoughts of reason and success most days in calming my soul. A previous post pointed out that sometimes I will relax so much that some of the primal fears within the recesses of my mind come forth...but today I was focused.

I made little headway with the decisions that I think I need to make but I did come up with a paradigm that I am going to experiment with.

Do not fear what has not yet happened, rather hold no expectations and then what does happen exceeds these none expectations - good or bad!

I think fear can be a driving force in our lives and there are those that seem unafraid and those that have excessive fear. However why are we fearing something that has not yet come to pass. Why because we set expectations on this future that we fear. Why? If it has not yet happened why do we have expectations, rather if we expect nothing, if we just expect life to happen then any outcome, good or bad, will be more than our non expectations. But if we fear everything, we lead ourselves to creating expectations that I believe we will create. Thus our fears are justified...but justified as they met the expectations that we had set. If we did not have expectations then what would may have once feared becomes a life experience with a lesson to be learned.

This has been running through my head all day long.

I had no expectations for the day. I was invited to dinner out of no where, then others were added to the adventure, I enjoyed the company immensely and was able to be a participant in William's world some today. Thus with no expectations for the day it was an enjoyable experience. Thus this is a good day, a good lesson and more for me to think about.

1 comment:

  1. Finally ... someone who understands why I take such long showers! "Calgon, take me away!" Some people get their best ideas or reach new understandings while using another well-known bathroom fixture. For me, it's the shower. I run out of hot water regularly in the winter.

    Ah ... expectations and fears. You know well how I struggle with these. *sigh* How difficult I find it to completely relinquish my own little plans and designs to the Master, and trust that the result will be beyond anything I could have orchestrated. I know the philosophical answers but must be in need of further experiences to transform the knowledge into true beliefs. "The longest distance is the 13 inches between the head and the heart." Give or take a few inches depending on one's physical stature.

    ReplyDelete

.

"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly." – Buddha